We have identified a potential safety issue affecting the Beha-Amprobe 4854899 ADPTR-SCT-EUR Socket Check Adapter – Schuko (“Schuko-Adapter”) sold after March 1st, 2019. The affected serial number range are 42760001 – 42769999 as well as serial numbers 48190001 - 48199999.
As a precautionary measure, we have decided to voluntarily recall the Schuko-Adapters that are within the above-mentioned serial number range and provide you with a replacement unit. We apologize for any inconvenience this might cause you, and hope you'll understand that customer safety is our utmost priority.
Customers, please IMMEDIATELY STOP using these affected Schuko-Adapters and return them to your distributor for free of charge replacement.
Description of the problem:
We have determined that the top and bottom casing of the affected Schuko-Adapters may separate during handling. If this occurs while the Schuko-Adapter is plugged into a live socket, the user may be exposed to live voltage inside the Adapter, posing a serious risk of potential injury or death.
• Stop using the affected Schuko-Adapters and return to your distributor for a free of charge replacement.
• For questions, please contact your distributor, or email email@example.com or call one of the following regional contacts:
• Austria: +43 (0) 1 928 9503
• CEE: +31 (0) 40 267 5406
• Finland: +358 (0) 800 111862
• France: +33 (0) 170800000
• Germany: +49 (0) 69 2222 0200
• Netherlands: +31 (0) 40 26751000
Please accept our most sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Paul Feenstra, Vice President Fluke EMEA